What is a Small Group?
- A small group is three or more people who gather on a regular schedule in a home, a public place, online, or (safely) in one of the meeting rooms at the Parish.
- In a group you’ll spend time together, pray, talk about important issues, even exercise all in a relaxed, informal, and safe environment.
- Small faith-sharing groups are an opportunity to live out our faith in community - with one another. They meet one our deepest human needs: the need to belong.
Why Join a Small Group?
- Our faith is not meant to be lived alone. Every time Jesus sent his disciples out on a mission, he did so in groups. Two by two, they lived out the gospel and changed people’s lives, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Walking the narrow road is not easy but being joined by those with common interests can help us along the way. Whether it is studying the Bible, learning more about the Sacraments, the Mass, the lives of Saints or Parenthood, we are strengthened by walking with others.
- As our lives continue to get busier, small groups are a chance to give one of our scarcest resources, our time, to God. Not only will this deepen our relationship with God, but bear fruit in our children’s lives as we exemplify the meaning of putting our FAITH as a PRIORITY in our life
The best way to experience a small group is to try one out! There’s never an obligation to continue. You can just come as a guest to get a feel for the group.
To get started:
- Look at the Small Group Calendar and the Small Group Descriptions to see if any of the groups fit your interest and schedule.
- Read Testimonials from your fellow parishioners on the value Small Groups have brought to their faith life.
- Are you ready to jump in?
- Do you have questions?
- Would you like more information?
- Do you want to start a new group?
- Sr. Angela Furia, FdCC the St. Brendan's Pastoral Associate and Small Group Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email or call the Parish Office at 415-681-4225